In His Path Ministries started some years ago. I was praying and Yah gave me the name. My wife and I live in the greater “Israel” we have been here for nearly five years. I was called here to Israel proper about 7 years ago but no matter we tried it did not work out, then we found out about Jordan and a wonderful like minded people that we could fellowship with. Many things have happened since we have been here. My hope is that you will be encouraging to you as we get closer to His appearing. So keep a careful eye out and be ready for His time is near even at the door.
Who would of thought that the world would change so much in such a short time. At the beginning of last year we did not know all the things would take place, the so called pandemic, lockdowns, destroyed economies, mask wearing and washing of hands, stores that have been business for generation have shuttered and will not reopen, supply chain collapsing as well as the monetary system around the world. Mass amount of unemployment globally along with that riots looting and mass shootings. Only to find out that this could last for 2 years or longer.
Now that all of this has gone on for a year now the vaccine is out even with the two doses they say I will still have to wear a mask and social distant. Why? By the way I am not taken the vaccine because of a couple of reasons. One of which is the ingredients that is in them, you can read about them. Additionally I will not be someone’s lab rat.
On top of all of that we have mass amounts of earthquakes, volcanoes, abnormal weather patterns
So as I said before get lives in order and do as the Father for you to do and where to flee for times are perilous and it is only going to get worse. Do not be the ones who say this is America nothing will ever happen here. Think about that and take to YHVH in prayer and ask Him.
With all of the turmoil going on in the world there is plenty for us to be fearful. Yet I was reminded that in the book of Revelation that we win!!! Do not be deceived by what others are saying only put your trust on the author and the finisher of our faith who Yeshua our Messiah. Below you will find from Deuteronomy to 1 Peter a vast amount of verses which He tells not to be afraid.
(3) and shall say to them, ‘Hear, O Yisra’ěl: You are drawing near today to battle with your enemies. Do not let your heart faint, do not fear, or tremble, or be afraid before them,
(4) for יהוה your Elohim is He who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.’
(28) Where are we going to? Our brothers have made our hearts melt, saying, “The people are greater and taller than we, the cities are great and walled up to the heavens, and we saw the sons of the Anaqim there too.” ’
(29) “Then I said to you, ‘Have no dread or fear of them.
(30) יהוה your Elohim, who is going before you, He does fight for you, according to all He did for you in Mitsrayim before your eyes,
(31) and in the wilderness, where you saw how יהוה your Elohim has borne you, as a man bears his son, in all the way that you went until you came to this place.’
(1) “When you go out to battle against your enemies, and shall see horses and chariots and people more numerous than you, do not be afraid of them, for יהוה your Elohim, who brought you up from the land of Mitsrayim, is with you.
(2) “And it shall be, when you draw near to the battle, that the priest shall come and speak to the people,
(3) and shall say to them, ‘Hear, O Yisra’ěl: You are drawing near today to battle with your enemies. Do not let your heart faint, do not fear, or tremble, or be afraid before them,
(4) for יהוה your Elohim is He who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.’
(6) And יהוה said to Yehoshua, “Do not be afraid of their presence, for tomorrow about this time I am giving all of them over to Yisra’ěl, slain. Hamstring their horses and burn their chariots with fire.”
(15) And the Messenger of יהוה said to Ěliyahu, “Go down with him; do not be afraid of him.” So he rose up and went down with him to the sovereign,
(12) “O our Elohim, would You not judge them? For we are powerless against this great army that is coming against us. And we do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon You.”
(13) And all Yehuḏah, with their little ones, their wives, and their children, stood before יהוה.
(14) And the Spirit of יהוה came upon Yaḥazi’ěl son of Zeḵaryahu, son of Benayah, son of Ye‛i’ěl, son of Mattanyah, a Lěwite of the sons of Asaph, in the midst of the assembly,
(15) and he said, “Listen, all Yehuḏah, and you inhabitants of Yerushalayim, and Sovereign Yehoshaphat! Thus said יהוה to you, ‘Do not fear, nor be afraid of the face of this great army, for the battle is not yours, but Elohim’s.
(16) Go down against them tomorrow. See, they are coming up by the ascent of Tsits, and you shall find them at the end of the wadi before the Wilderness of Yeru’ěl.
(14) And I looked, and rose up and said to the nobles, and to the deputy rulers, and to the rest of the people, “Do not be afraid of them. Remember the great and awesome, יהוה, and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your houses.”
(15) But Elohim does redeem my being From the power of She’ol, For He does receive me. Selah.
(16) Do not be afraid when a man becomes rich, When the wealth of his house increases;
(25) Do not be afraid of sudden dread, Nor of the ruin of the wrong when it comes;
(26) For יהוה is at your side, And He shall guard your foot from being caught.
(15) And the word of יהוה had come to Yirmeyahu while he was shut up in the court of the guard, saying,
(16) “Go, and you shall speak to Eḇeḏ-Meleḵ the Kushite, saying, ‘Thus said יהוה of hosts, the Elohim of Yisra’ěl, “See, I am bringing My words upon this city for evil and not for good, and they shall be before you in that day.
(17) “And I shall deliver you in that day,” declares יהוה, “so that you are not given into the hand of the men of whom you are afraid.
(18) “For I shall rescue you, and you shall not fall by the sword. But your life shall be as a prize to you, for you have put your trust in Me,” declares יהוה.’ ”
(10) If you would indeed stay in this land, then I shall build you and not pull you down, and I shall plant you and not pluck you up. For I have relented of the evil I have done to you.
(11) Do not be afraid of the sovereign of Baḇel, of whom you are afraid. Do not be afraid of him,’ declares יהוה, ‘for I am with you, to save you and deliver you from his hand.
(12) And I shall show you compassion, so that he has compassion on you and let you return to your own land.’
(6) “And you, son of man, do not be afraid of them, nor be afraid of their words, though thistles and thorns are with you and you dwell among scorpions. Do not be afraid of their words or discouraged by their looks, for they are a rebellious house.
(21) Do not fear, O soil, be glad and rejoice, for יהוה has done greatly!
(22) Do not fear, you beasts of the field, for the pastures of the wilderness shall spring forth, and the tree shall bear its fruit, the fig tree and the vine shall yield their strength.
(23) And you children of Tsiyon, be glad and rejoice in יהוה your Elohim, for He shall give you the Teacher of Righteousness, and cause the rain to come down for you, the former rain and the latter rain, as before.
(25) And in the fourth watch of the night יהושע went to them, walking on the sea.
(26) And when the taught ones saw Him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, “It is a phantom!” And from fear they cried.
(27) But immediately יהושע spoke to them, saying, “Take courage, it is I, do not be afraid.”
(5) While he was still speaking, see, a bright cloud overshadowed them. And see, a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My Son, the Beloved, in whom I did delight. Hear Him!”
(6) And when the taught ones heard, they fell on their faces and were much afraid.
(7) But יהושע came near and touched them and said, “Rise, and do not be afraid.”
(8) And having lifted up their eyes, they saw no one but יהושע only.
(9) And as they were coming down from the mountain, יהושע commanded them, saying, “Do not mention the vision to anyone until the Son of Aḏam is raised from the dead.”
(21) And when יהושע had passed over again by boat to the other side, a large crowd assembled to Him, and He was by the sea.
(22) And see, one of the rulers of the congregation came, Ya’ir by name. And when he saw Him, he fell at His feet,
(23) and begged Him strongly, saying, “My little daughter lies at the point of death. Come, lay Your hands on her to heal her, and she shall live.”
(24) And He went with him. And a large crowd was following Him, and they were thronging Him.
(25) And a certain woman had a flow of blood for twelve years,
(26) and had suffered much from many physicians, and spent all that she had and was no better, but rather became worse.
(27) Having heard about יהושע, she came behind Him in the crowd and touched His garment,
(28) for she said, “If I only touch His garments, I shall be made well.”
(29) And immediately the fountain of her blood was dried up, and she felt in her body that she was healed of the affliction.
(30) And immediately יהושע, knowing in Himself that power had gone out of Him, turned around in the crowd and said, “Who touched My garments?”
(31) And His taught ones said to Him, “You see the crowd is thronging You, and You say, ‘Who touched Me?’ ”
(32) And He was looking around to see her who did this.
(33) And the woman, fearing and trembling, knowing what was done to her, came and fell down before Him and spoke to Him all the truth.
(34) And He said to her, “Daughter, your belief has healed you. Go in peace, and be relieved from your affliction.”
(35) As He was speaking, they came from the ruler of the congregation’s house, saying to him, “Your daughter is dead. Why trouble the Teacher any further?”
(36) But having heard the word that was spoken, יהושע said to the ruler of the congregation, “Do not be afraid – only believe.”
(37) And He allowed no one to follow Him except Kěpha, and Ya‛aqoḇ, and Yoḥanan the brother of Ya‛aqoḇ.
(38) So they came to the house of the ruler of the congregation, and saw a commotion, and much weeping and lamenting.
(39) And coming in He said to them, “Why make this commotion and weep? The child has not died, but is sleeping.”
(40) And they were laughing at Him. And when He had put them all out, He took the father and the mother of the child, and those who were with Him, and went in where the child was lying.
(41) And taking the child by the hand He said to her, “Talitha, qumi,” which is translated, “Little girl, I say to you, arise.”
(42) And immediately the girl rose up and was walking, for she was twelve years old. And they were completely astonished.
(43) But He ordered them many times that no one should know it, and said that she should be given food to eat.
(4) “But I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that are unable to do any more.
(5) “But I shall show you whom you should fear: Fear the One who, after killing, possesses authority to cast into GěHinnom. Yes, I say to you, fear Him!
(6) “Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins? And not one of them is forgotten before Elohim.
(7) “But even the hairs of your head have all been numbered. Do not fear, you are worth more than many sparrows.
(27) “Peace I leave with you – My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
(14) But even if you suffer for righteousness’ sake, you are blessed.a“And do not fear their threats, neither be troubled.”Isa_8:12. Footnote: aMat_5:10.
Even though there many things coming against we always approach them with and through the Spirit of YHVH and not out of fear. Many times our hearts want to sink to the floor, but be of good courage and do not fear!
That’s all for now, May YHVH bless you and keep you and and may He cause His face to shine upon you and grant to you peace.
In our day and age we have little knowledge of what Kingdom living is never mind have any real life examples to compare to. Sure we can point out a handful of Kingdoms that remain with us to this day, but do they truly reflect the Kingdom of God? I would say no they do not. So if what is on this earth is dismal reflection of what YHVH has in mind as to what kingdom to reflect. Then this begs the question as to what is the Kingdom of YHVH supposed to look like? Man has tried to define what is a kingdom through out time since the creation. The closet we got was in the beginning. What in the beginning reflected His Kingdom you may ask. We had The King on the earth and His ambassadors , Melchizedek in the person of Adam, where in place (see Kimberly Rogers-Brown teachings Melchizedek Archives – The Messianic Message). So if this was prefect in all areas a true reflection of His kingdom is then what went wrong? Is there anything we can do to correct it? The answer to this question is no. In fact the only one who can do anything about it is YHVH who created us. Yet even then He will and does allow us to choose which path we want to travel.
You see what Adam and Eve did was to try to circumvent YHVH in attaining knowledge through the forbidden tree. See Gen 1 – 3 for the account as what happened. Now fast forward this to Gen 6 at this point man had corrupted himself so much YHVH had to judge the earth and the living creatures on it for they were corrupted by man as well. So YHVH sent a flood to destroy all of creation except for one family of eight people. That would be Noah and his family.
Before we go on let’s talk about the fall of man and how we got to this point. YHVH did tell them about what they could eat of every herb of the field and the fruit of the tree. All of it was food for them except of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. YHVH further went on to explain to them what would happen to them on the day they would eat of it, He told them that on the day that they would eat of it they would surly die. “And יהוה Elohim commanded the man, saying, “Eat of every tree of the garden, but do not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for in the day that you eat of it you shall certainly die.”(Gen 2:16-17)
In this line of thought most people want throw Eve under the bus and blame her for all of the trouble we have today. Contrary to this view it was not until Adam took and ate of the fruit that they were changed. So what most of the current teachers say that the blame rest solely on Eve, rather when we examine what happened that it was not until Adam ate of the fruit. YHVH looks at this different than we do.
They were one and when she ate of it nothing happened to her so Adam waited to see if she would die. It is not known how long it was before Adam ate of the fruit. None the less they ate of it and at that time they were changed. In a reversal of what happened in the garden we read
(1 Cor 15:51-52)
51 See, I speak a secret to you: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
We will all be changed to be like Him in an instant. What was imperfect shall be made perfect. Sounds a lot like it was in the beginning in the garden.
Now that we have an idea as to what was lost in the garden and we see what the end result is today. The very same things that were going on then is what is going on today. You might ask how is that going today that tree is no longer here with us for it was destroyed at the flood. You would be correct if that was the point I am making here. What was the question posed to Eve? Did God really say ________? You can fill in the blank with whatever you may want. That question has been asked of us in a variety of ways. Or another statement that often comes into play when their argument is faulty and that is, Well that is not what it means to me. When we open up the Word of God and use that filter and we change the meaning of the words to suit our evil lust then come away thinking everything that I wish to do is okay. If I want to eat pig, Beatles then that is okay too. Why would God put it here if it was food for me? That is my point if we change what the Father said then nothing matters and sin does not exist and all things are permissible. You see just by changing the food laws how messed up things become. Imagine by allowing this to happen when you apply this thinking to the Torah then you come away with a very messed up view.
In this series we shall explore the following;
What can be done to repair the problem?
Who is the only one that can fix this mess that we are in?
Who is the King?
Where is His Kingdom?
What does He expect from His servants?
How does He treat His servants?
How are we to treat Him?
How are we to treat our fellow Servants?
If we wronged someone how are to make it right?
This is just the start of the series and we discover what is required of us in His Kingdom we will find out that it is a burden nor difficult to live YHVH’s kingdom.
(28) “Come to Me, all you who labour and are burdened, and I shall give you rest.
(29) “Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am meek and humble in heart, and you shall find rest for your beings.
(30) “For My yoke is gentle and My burden is light.”
(16) Thus said יהוה, “Stand in the ways and see, and ask for the old paths, where the good way is, and walk in it; and find rest for yourselves. But they said, ‘We do not walk in it.’
They said ‘We do not walk in it.’ Even then YHVH gave a choice that would have been easier but the people as today choose the burdensome path. Why is it that we need to make it more difficult and burdensome?
If you want proof look around and you will see it in everything we do. What stops a person from just getting in his own car and drive where ever they choose. No we have to have a thousand or so laws stating how to proceed down the road and where we can go or not. If we do that with a simple thing like driving is it no wonder there is a three volume on just the sabbath.
So in our next session we will discuss the rules of the Kingdom Living. May YHVH bless protect you and your family as you go out and come in and may grant to you peace.
This Rick Eldridge of In His Path Ministries signing off.
In our day in age we know very little about Kingdom living. Sure we look around us and see countries who have a King or a Queen as the head of state, but the concept of living in a Kingdom is beyond our understanding. In understanding Kingdom we need to define what a kingdom from the kings perspective and we to identify who the King is.
1. The territory or country subject to a king; an undivided territory under the dominion of a king or monarch. The foreign possessions of a king are not usually included in the term kingdom. Thus we speak of the kingdom of England, of France or of Spain, without including the East or West Indies.
2. The inhabitants or population subject to a king. The whole kingdom was alarmed.
3. In natural history, a division; as the animal, vegetable and mineral kingdoms.
4. A region; a tract; the place where any thing prevails and holds sway; as the watery kingdom.
5. In Scripture, the government or universal dominion of God. 1 Chron.29. Ps.145.
6. The power of supreme administration. 1 Sam.18.
7. A princely nation or state.
Ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests. Ex.19.
8. Heaven. Matt.26.
9. State of glory in heaven. Matt.5.
10. The reign of the Messiah. Matt.3.
11. Government; rule; supreme administration.
(Chaldee); corresponding to H4438; dominion (abstractly or concretely): – kingdom, kingly, realm, reign.
The definition we will be using is #2 of Webster. So now we have identified whose kingdom we are referring to let us examine some of the aspects to His kingship.
1Sa_12:12 And when ye saw that Nahash the 1Sa_12:12 And when ye saw that Nahash the king of the children of Ammon came against you, ye said unto me, Nay; but a king shall reign over us: when the LORD your God was your king.of the children of Ammon came against you, ye said unto me, Nay; but a king shall reign over us: when the LORD your God was your king.
Now that we have established what is a kingdom and who is the King. Let us look into what are His rules for Kingdom living and what is not. First let us compare the US Constitution against the volumes of “Laws” of which anyone of us has broken at least 3 laws without even knowing it. Yet ignorance is no excuse. Yet the Constitution is a few pages with the Bill of rights included
Current estimates on the number of Federal laws in America range anywhere between 15,000 and 50,000. But, no matter if the actual number is closer to the lower end or the higher end, it is a commonly held assumption among most think tanks (whether they be liberal, conservative or libertarian) that the average American cannot go through his/her day without unknowingly violating at least three Federal laws.
The Constitution only has 7 articles and 10 original amendments now 26 amendments. Hmm which would like to follow? I believe it is a no brainer. In addition to this is all the codes and statures as well as each state have their own laws and ordinance. Additionally cities and counties have their laws. Seeing all of this it is no wonder why we are in such a mess.
Now let us discuss where we are in YHVH Kingdom, according to the Jewish people we have a similar mess. Lets look at one commandment. There are many words to show YHVH is serious about this in
Exodus 20:8-11 Complete Jewish Bible
ד 8 “Remember the day, Shabbat, to set it apart for God. 9 You have six days to labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a Shabbat for Adonai your God. On it, you are not to do any kind of work — not you, your son or your daughter, not your male or female slave, not your livestock, and not the foreigner staying with you inside the gates to your property. 11 For in six days, Adonai made heaven and earth, the sea and everything in them; but on the seventh day he rested. This is why Adonai blessed the day, Shabbat, and separated it for himself.
This is about part of the Talmud; for the Jewish day of rest, see Shabbat.
Shabbat (Hebrew: שַׁבָּת), lit. “Sabbath”) is the first tractate of Seder Moed (“Order of Appointed Times”) of the Mishnah and of the Talmud. The tractate deals with the laws and practices regarding observing the Jewish Sabbath (Shabbat in Hebrew). The tractate focuses primarily on the categories and types of activities prohibited on the Sabbath according to interpretations of many verses in the Torah, notably Exodus 20:9–10 and Deut. 5:13–14.
The Mishnah and Talmud go to great lengths to carefully define and precisely determine the observance of the Sabbath. The tractate is thus one of the longest in terms of chapters in the Mishnah, and folio pages in the Talmud. It comprises 24 chapters and has a Gemara – rabbinical analysis of and commentary on the Mishnah – in both the Babylonian Talmud and all but the last four chapters of the Jerusalem Talmud. There is a Tosefta of 18 chapters on this tractate.
As its name implies, the tractate deals primarily with the laws and regulations for observing the Sabbath, which is the fourth of the Ten Commandments and one of the central religious practices of Judaism. As such, it is dealt with at length in the Mishnah and the Gemara, and many subsequent commentaries have also been written on this tractate, from the early Middle Ages until the present.
In the Babylonian Talmud, the Gemara also contains a discussion of the laws of Hanukkah.
The Jewish religious laws detailed in this tractate, and the subsequent legal codes based on it continue to be followed by observant and traditional Jewish communities in modern Israel and throughout the world
This is just part of the problem in fact what Wikipedia is not saying is that for just the Sabbath there are 3 volumes instructed you how to observe the Sabbath.
If we were to look at the original instruction a mere 118 words compared to what man had done to the simply law that a child could understand and do. Now with the help of man it spans 3 volumes of laws.
So with just one of the commandments one could see the confession as to what the Rules of the Kingdom are from what the world system men have created. To the average man YHVH Kingdom is to difficult so why bother. Yet the opposite is true YHVH is true. He said that His laws are easy in fact He says that His burden is light and it is not a bother. Only man can take what YHVH has given us which is simple and easy to understand. I am not speaking of just Exodus 20, I am referring to the whole Torah from Genius to Deuteronomy. The Jews say there are 613 commandments. They divide into positive and negative commandments. Yet when Yeshua was asked what are the greatest commandments, His reply was:
Mat 22:34-40 But the Pharisees, having heard that He had silenced the Sadducees, were gathered together, (35) and one of them, one learned in the Torah, did question, trying Him, and saying, (36) “Teacher, which is the great command in the Torah?” (37) And יהושע said to him, “ ‘You shall love יהוה your Elohim with all your heart, and with all your being, and with all your mind.’ Deu_6:5. (38) “This is the first and great command. (39) “And the second is like it, ‘You shall love your neighbour as yourself.’ Lev_19:18. (40) “On these two commands hang all the Torah and the Prophets.”
Of all of the “613” commandments most of them do not pertain to us, for we are not Levites, some only refer to women, others referred to those who are unclean. Yeshua said that we are to love YHVH with all our heart, soul and mind and we are to love our neighbour as ourselves. It really boils down to loving YHVH, for if we love God then we will love all that he created. I do not know about you but I rather follow YHVH and His laws rather than the thousands of laws man comes up with. As we have seen that when the king is unrighteous the nation walks away from God. So in an effort to restore some sort of righteousness they make more laws. We have seen this with our own government. In the process of making more laws they make it impossible to serve YHVH!
After all to that what is Kingdom living supposed to be like? We have compared from different aspects of what others have said it is according to them. So what is it supposed to be and what are our responsibilities? Firstly let me be clear I do not have all the answers you will have to research for yourselves.
Mat 5:19-20 Therefore whoever shall relax one of these commandments, the least, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of Heaven. But whoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of Heaven. (20) For I say to you that unless your righteousness shall exceed that of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall in no case enter into the kingdom of Heaven.
Mat 8:11-12 And I say to you that many shall come from the east and the west, and shall sit down with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of Heaven. (12) But the sons of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Mat 13:44-52 Again, the kingdom of Heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which when a man has found it, he hides it, and for the joy of it goes and sells all that he has, and buys that field. (45) Again, the kingdom of Heaven is like a merchant seeking beautiful pearls; (46) who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it. (47) Again, the kingdom of Heaven is like a net that was cast into the sea, and gathered some of every kind; (48) which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down and gathered the good into vessels, but threw the bad away. (49) So it shall be at the end of the world. The angels shall come out and separate the wicked from among the just, (50) and shall cast them into the furnace of fire. There shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. (51) Jesus said to them, Have you understood all these things? They said to Him, Yes, Lord. (52) Then He said to them, Therefore every scribe who is instructed to the kingdom of Heaven is like a man who is a householder, who brings out things new and old out of his treasure.
Mat 18:2-6 And Jesus called a little child to Him and set him in their midst, (3) and said, Truly I say to you, Unless you are converted and become as little children, you shall not enter into the kingdom of Heaven. (4) Therefore whoever shall humble himself like this little child, this one is the greater in the kingdom of Heaven. (5) And whoever shall receive one such little child in My name receives Me. (6) But whoever shall offend one of these little ones who believes in Me, it would be better for him that an ass’s millstone were hung around his neck, and he be sunk in the depth of the sea.
Mat 19:16-26 And behold, one came and said to Him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life? (17) And He said to him, Why do you call Me good? There is none good but one, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments. (18) He said to Him, Which? Jesus said, You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not bear false witness, (19) honor your father and mother, and, you shall love your neighbor as yourself. (20) The young man said to Him, I have kept all these things from my youth up; what do I lack yet? (21) Jesus said to him, If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you shall have treasure in Heaven. And come, follow Me. (22) But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful; for he had great possessions. (23) Then Jesus said to His disciples, Truly I say to you that a rich man will with great difficulty enter into the kingdom of Heaven. (24) And again I say to you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. (25) When His disciples heard, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? (26) But Jesus looked on them and said to them, With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.
So with all of that, what does Kingdom living look like? Are we responsible to our neighbour? How do I resolve a conflict with my brother(sister)? How do ask for forgiveness? If YHVH is the King then when and how many times am I to appear before Him? What are my responsibility to Him? How do I show my fidelity to Him?
These are all good questions and I will attempt to answer them.
Rules of the Kingdom
Exo 20:1-17 And God spoke all these words, saying,
I am Jehovah your God, who has brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
You shall have no other gods before Me.
You shall not make to yourselves any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in the heavens above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
You shall not bow yourself down to them, nor serve them. For I Jehovah your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the sons to the third and fourth generation of those that hate me,
and showing mercy to thousands of those that love Me and keep My commandments.
You shall not take the name of Jehovah your God in vain. For Jehovah will not hold him guiltless that takes His name in vain.
Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Six days you shall labor and do all your work.
But the seventh day is the Sabbath of Jehovah your God. You shall not do any work, you, nor your son, nor your daughter, your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger within your gates.
For in six days Jehovah made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore Jehovah blessed the Sabbath day, and sanctified it.
Honor your father and your mother, so that your days may be long upon the land which Jehovah your God gives you.
You shall not kill.
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not steal.
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.
You might say that I thought you were giving us the Rules of the Kingdom? You instead gave us the 10 commandments of God. These were given at Mt Sinai to Moses and then to the children of Israel. Well, that is true. Do you realize that without the Spirit of the Living God you can not live even these 10 never mind the rest of them. This is often called the Decalogue which means the ten and can be divided as follows
1-11 Our relationship to YHVH.
3-7 Instruction on how to worship Him.
8-11 instruction on the Sabbath
12-17 Our relationship to our fellow man.
12 Honoring our parents
13-17 Our relationship with our fellow neighbour.
What we have is the outline for His commands and opens the window for us to understand Him. Some have used these commandments as a check list in order to gain favour with Him. This is an incorrect view where this all He requires of us, but what it shows us is that our relationship with Him is both vertical as well as horizontal plane. What we do to our fellow man shows that we would do to Him. If we steal from someone we can see then we are capable to do that to YHVH.
So it is very important to live life in His kingdom according to His rules. Also note the forth commandment it is the longest of all of the 10. It is about the Sabbath and how important it is to Him. It is quit easy and clear to understand. Yet even with YHVH stressing how important it is to Him we read that a man was picking up sticks on the Sabbath. Moses was so baffled by this he had him held to see what YHVH would have them to do him.
(32) And while the sons of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the sabbath day.
(33) And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron and to all the congregation.
(34) And they put him under guard because it had not been clearly said what should be done to him.
(35) And Jehovah said to Moses, The man shall surely be put to death. All the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.
(36) And all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him with stones, and he died, even as Jehovah commanded Moses.
The ruling of the rabbis made 3 volumes of directions on how to observe the sabbath. Needless to say the volumes of instructions on how to observe the feast. YHVHs instructions are simple and His burden is light. It is when man steps in with RELIGON adds and adds and adds to them we get the mess that we currently see all around us.